Friday, June 27, 2008

Hold the Mayo....spread the Love.

Ok, i stole that line from one of the T'Wolves forums.

Anyways, this trade leaves my stake in NBA at an all-time low. I understand the deal from the T'Wolves perspective in the short term. They get a local kid back who can shoot (Miller) and a solid front court player who wants to be here (Love). Plus, with teams in the division ( Portland, Seattle ) going pretty big, you have to match up.

My problem with the deal is these players get the team to 30 wins max over the next few years. Big whoooop. This team needs some star power to keep fans interest, sell tickets, and jerseys. OJ Mayo could have done that for a minimum of 3 - 5 years. And not just with upper-Midwesterns either. His appeal is much broader.

Last year I watched a crappy team every so often via directv. At least this year I can save $12/month in the winter.

No comments: