Thursday, December 18, 2008

Day 5 Recovery - Tonsillectomy

Day 5 of recovery was a lessoned learned. Always keep track and pay attention to the timing of your pain medicine.

I took my pain doses too close together and paid the price. I got really sick to my stomach and light headed. I wasn't able to drink much water during that time either, which is not good at this time of my recovery.

The day was pretty much a wash, most of the time I was in a fog and this mix up caused me to stop taking my pain meds at this time.

I also had a blood clot form in my left tonsil area. We had to call the doctor to see if it was normal. The clot wasn't bleeding so at night I drank about 1/2 gallon of cold water.

My canker sores continue to be my main source of pain. I am trying a combination of spraying chloraseptic directly on them and them swishing benedryl and water around my tongue.

Day 5 proved to be the toughest day by far.

No comments: